The new dam and spillway structure at Mt. Gilead State Park is beginning to take shape. Workers recently completed preparation of the subgrade and sand beneath the spillway slab along with placement of most of the spillway slabs and upstream wingwall slabs.
Over the next 30 days, work continues:
- Finish installation of the spillway slab;
- Construct and install the stilling basin;
- Start wall and wingwall concrete pour;
- Start soil anchor installation;
- Start excavation and installation of downstream riprap.
Work on the upper dam remains on hold while work efforts are focused on the lower dam. Project completion is Fall 2017.
Visit the Mt. Gilead Dam Risk Reduction project page.
Mt. Gilead State Park web page.